Premier Blueberry shrubs are upright and highly productive, along with looking lovely in landscapes. As one of the rabbiteye variety they produce firm fruit with good flavor, color and size. Having several culinary uses; however, it is best used for preserves, freezing or eating fresh. Typically produces ripe fruit late May to early June. The Premier Blueberry is among the best rabbiteye selection for the eastern United States.
- Matures in late summer.
- Most rabbiteye blueberries require cross pollination for maximum fruit set; therefore, plant at least two cultivars to ensure the best fruit is produced.
- Blueberries attract wildlife, plant plenty to share or simply place netting over shrubs to help protect the delicious berries from disappearing.
- Best grown in USDA Hardiness Zones 3-8.
- Space 6'-8' apart.
- Water 2-3 times a week.
- Grows to 8-10' tall.
Each purchase will include detailed planting instructions. However, below are general planting instructions. Feel free to contact ShipATree.com customer service at email@example.com for further instructions.
- Remove tree and soil mix from plastic container.
- Dig hole twice the width of pot and as deep.
- Place roots, surrounded by potting soil from container, in the middle of hole. The top of potting soil should be slightly above ground level, as the plant will later settle. Be careful to not plant too deep as this will suffocate the root system.
- Ensure the roots are not tightly compressed. Use your fingers or blunt instrument to loosen the potting soil/roots and spread gently to encourage outward growth into the surrounding earth.
- Use soil that was removed while digging to fill hole back, but remember to only fill to top level of soil mix that is around plant.
- Water soil, allow it to settler and add more soil if needed. Tamp lightly. (Tamp, for the majority of us who might not know, means to tap the soil with light to medium blows repeatedly.) This will help soil to settle.
- Water plant again. Adding mulch around plant in a 1-2" layer will help retain moisture. If experiencing hot or dry weather it will be important to water plants more frequently, versus the recommended 1-2 times a week to water thoroughly.
Please review the recommended USDA Zones for your area. A map is uploaded to the FAQ section. It is important to select plants with recommendations for your zone; otherwise, they will not be successful in your landscape due to their inability to grow in those weather conditions.
shipatree.com ships orders on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and shipping cost is determined at time of checkout. Due to the nature of live goods and transit time we will ensure orders placed will arrive in the best condition as quickly as possible. We can only ship West Coast states on Monday due to transit time and it will include an additional $12 shipping fee.
shipatree.com does not ship to California, Alaska or Hawaii at this time.
If you have any questions concerning transit time for your order, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our shipping partner is United Parcel Service (UPS) and their transit times are below.
shipatree.com Return Policy
When an order is placed with shipatree.com you become part of our community. We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Every container tree we sell is covered by a conditional one-time replacement guarantee. If your container tree fails to survive the transplant process, shipatree.com will replace it within one year from the date of purchase as long as its condition is reasonably attributed to us. You are responsible for choosing a plant suitable for the climate in which it will be grown and following planting guidelines included with purchase.
The recommended USDA Hardiness Zones are listed in the description of each product and a map is included in the FAQs section. Plants purchased outside the recommended USDA Hardiness Zones are not covered by the replacement policy. In the event of multiple claims or excessive losses, there could be an issue with soil compatibility.
Please remember that you will need to give the container tree an adjustment period after its arrival. Plants need time to become established due to transplant shock and dormancy times. We will be happy to discuss what this might look like for plants if you have concerns.
We advise that you take steps to protect your newly planted trees for the first few years, especially in extremely cold winters or hot summers.
What does the conditional one year guarantee cover?
Replacement orders do not qualify for any type of discounted shipping, but will cover the full cost of replacing the plant. Shipping prices are determined by our shipping carrier partner, and they must be paid prior to sending the replacement plant. Any shipping paid on original order will not be credited. Replacement plants do not come with a guarantee.
Shipatree.com takes pride in growing our products and the goal is that when our trees leave the farm they are in ideal condition. We understand that things happen, and your satisfaction is very important to us. Some things we have no control over is damage from animals, extreme weather damage, too much water (you can show them too much love), too little water, improper USDA Hardiness Zone compatibility, insects, poor soil conditions, gardening skills and/or human error. Call us at shipatree.com to discuss any questions you might have concerning proper care of your tree. We want your tree to be a success.
How do I request replacement for my tree?
Please send at least two pictures of damaged tree to email@example.com. One picture of the ailing tree with scratch test (instructions are under the FAQs page) and one picture of the ground surrounding the base of the ailing tree.
My tree was damaged during shipping?
If your order is damaged during shipping, shipatree.com would like to speak with you within 48 hours of receiving damaged package. For us to make a claim we will need picture documentation. Please send at least two pictures of the outside of damaged box, and at least two pictures of the damaged plant on the inside of box. Pictures need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once pictures are received we can then make assessment of the damage, and do everything we can to resolve the issue. Please note that broken branches are cosmetic and should be pruned.